10.02.2006

Don't listen, just hear.

I have been thinking and praying about listening to the words that are being told to me, and really soaking them in. I feel that there is a greatness in language that is lost when we try to let our minds translate what we hear rather than our hearts. I have really come to the conclusion that there is more to words than what we hear. We have to hear the heart of what is being said. Feel the life that these words are taking. I am very involved in listening to music, and up until now I had talked about the power in song, but I dont think I really got it. The real power comes when you listen, hear, and understand the words. There is something amazing behind it. I learned that when you are really listening with no barriers up, you can understand exactly what God wants you to understand. But when we are worried about the notes, or the rhythem, or weather we should be clapping or standing, or sitting, or all of the other millions of things that seem to distract us when we are worshiping our lord and savior, thats when we lose the meaning and heart of the song. I want to thank Lou indirectly for there being a song that I didnt know the words to last night at GK. It made me close my eyes and mouth and listen to what was going on in the heart of the words, rather than focus on everything else. I recomend that if you are having trouble with hearing what is being said, and all you seem to be able to do is listen to words, close your eyes, dont speak, and just wait for God to reveal those words to you.
This week has been the greatest week of my life that I can see, because not only have a realized that I am not the man I once was, but I can make it through the trials ahead. I can make it. I believe that with my friends at my side, there is nothing I cant do, and I want to thank Scott, Lou, and John especially for those realizations, and I think that from this point on, I can depend more and more on the help of others rather than wearing the burden of the planet on my shoulders.
And lastly I would like to ask for prayer in every aspect of my life. I dont know if the house of guys who go to GK know this or not, but they may have been the greatest encouragement of all. I see in them great strength, and an example that I am really being called to live by also. I realized how much Television takes up every fascet of my life, and I have decided that I am going to stop playing video games and watching T.V. I would also like a prayer of guidence because I feel as though I am being called to move into Cincinnati somewhere and I dont know just where yet, but I am praying that it will be shown to me sometime soon. So, thanks guys.

1 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Blogger scott said...

I love your excitement and your passion. I pray that you are able to continue to share that in your words and actions as you live that truth out in every aspect of your life.

BIG SMILE! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home