10.21.2006

The arms of my father

This past couple of days I have been trying to think about the loving feeling of falling into the arms of my heavenly father. The idea may sound a bit corney, but it really baffels me how awesome it truely would be. Some times I lay awake at night thinking about the awesomeness that would surround me when that day comes.
But then, I wonder, would he even want to hold me in his arms. Am I something that God would want to be that close to. Saddly enough, the answer I came up with is no, I dont deserve to be held in the arms of the creator of the universe. I do so many things in complete defiance of his word, that there could be no way for him to want me anymore.
Knowing that I dont deserve him, and he shouldnt want to hold me in his arms, breaks me into pieces. I feel so horrible when I think about the way that I make my heavenly father feel. Sometimes it makes it too hard to go on. But thats when I remember, that because I love him the way that I do, and because I know that he loves me even more than that, all these things that I have done can be forgiven. I realize that nothing is to great to condem me forever. If I am willing to strive to seek God's grace, and I can be a man who, isnt perfect, but lives a life trying to be, then I know that he is always there waiting with his arms wide open, ready to sweep me up and just love me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home