4.17.2007

Trust in He who gave birth to the heavens

Trust can be a wonderful yet terrifyingly difficult task to complete. Some people have trouble trusting because they have been wronged one too many times, or because someone they love let them down when it mattered the most to them, or maybe their parents weren't what they needed to be for them to be able to take comfort in someone who is caring for them.
Well for me, all of these issues and more have played into my inability to trust anyone. When somone makes a promise to me, I find it hard to believe that they can keep it no matter how much they mean to me. It seems like invariably everyone is going to let you down at one point or another. Thats why I find it increasingly difficult to put my faith and trust in God. Although I know that he will never fail me or in any way let me down, I also know what everyone has done in my past.
The reason I mention any of this is to go on to say that I feel as though I have found a new comfort in trusting God. Though it isnt any easier for me by any stretch of the imagination, I know that he is a perfect heavenly father, and he will never fail to keep a promise that he has made. I can feel comforted by the fact that God loves me, and he wants me to be a perfect creation. I know I'm not perfect, however, He won't stop loving me because of my imperfections.
Thats something I have always feared, that God would choose not to love me because of my sexuality, or because of my guilt, or because of any of my other compusive sinning behaviors. I just found a wonderful apartment, and I am going to be living in the community, and pressing deeper and deeper into Christ, I cant get enough of him, and I know that living down here, I will get the chance to fall even harder in love with him.
For me, this takes a great deal of trust, because I have really never been out on my own in this way before, and yet I know that I am not really alone either, because I have the entire community to depend on, and I can take comfort in the fact that they will not let me down either, so durring those times when I am having trouble hearing God, I know that I can turn to them, and take comfort in the encouragement they bring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home